New Enhancement for December 9, 2022
Beginning on December 9, 2022, USP will update the New and Changed search results ordering to the following: General Chapters, Monographs (listed in alphabetical order and no longer by Book Section), Reagents, and Reference Tables. Exported results of these pages will show the same updated sort order.
The Saved Search feature has been extended to other Table of Contents pages as well as the New and Changed search results.
New data columns have been added to the Export to Excel reports.
New Enhancements for September 9, 2022
Beginning on September 9, 2022, USP–NF/PF Online users will be able to save their search queries. The option to “Save this Search” will appear after a user completes a search in the search box. Saved searches can be accessed, edited, and deleted under “My Resources” on the Dashboard. They will also appear once the user places their cursor in the search box.
New Enhancements for July 15, 2022
Welcome to the newly integrated USP–NF/PF Online. You will now be able to access revisions and additions proposed in the Pharmacopeial Forum (PF) as well as the most recent standards for USP–NF Online in one platform. The following is a summary of changes for the new site:
- The user interface (or overall look of the website) has been streamlined with the intent to be more readable and less busy. Notable differences include:
- Dashboard: The dashboard has been reorganized to show Currently Official publications as well as the PF publications currently open for comment. The “My Resources” area now include access to a user’s comment history, bookmarks, and recent views.
- Menu Location: The main menu can now be accessed by clicking the three horizontal bars in the upper left corner of the page. This opens a horizontal banner where users can navigate the content.
- Document View: When opening a Documentary Standard, the document view layout has been expanded/widened. Some menu options are now closed by default. Notable updates include:
- Version History: This is now a drop-down menu in the upper left of the page. The history includes the PF versions as well.
- Revision Toggle Jumper: Users will now find the revision toggler at the top of the page rather than along the side of the document view window.
- Document Information: Formerly found with the Version History menu, document information is now to the upper right of the page. Clicking the button will open a menu with the following: Document Contents, Cross References, Support, and Training.
- Document Tools: This can be found on the right side of the page and will be fixed as a user scrolls the page.
- Search Features
- Title and Category searches have been introduced for all users. “Title” applies to all documents; document sections apply to Monographs.
- The autocomplete feature of the search bar has been removed. After three characters are entered, the system will provide suggestions. As a user enters more characters, the overlay will display fewer, more specific suggestions.
- Additional search filters have been added. Clicking “Search Filters” to the right of the search bar can help make searches more specific.
- The proposal commenting form has been expanded. Users can “cc” a second email address when submitting a comment. Users will also be able to indicate who they are submitting the comment on behalf of and choose if their comment can be publicly posted. They will also categorize if they support or do not support the proposal and categorize the reason for their comment. Finally, users will be able to indicate if they have different specifications or methods related to the proposal.
- The commenting window will remain open past the 90-minute expiration of the site. Users will not lose work on open comments.
- Users will now be able to save and print their comment forms.
- Saved drafts can be found in the comments tab of “My Resources” on the Dashboard. Drafts can be opened and submitted from this page.o Comments will be suppressed for designated Front Matter and introduction files (ex: Pharmacopeial Forum Introduction and Stimuli to the Revision Process Introduction).
- If there is site downtime or unexpected downtime, the comment window can be opened and remain opened, but the ability to submit a comment will be disabled until full functionality of the website has been restored.
- Other Integration Features
- PF users will be able to access free USP–NF COVID content via the PF subscription. Content that is not free will show a “subscription needed” message.
- Watermarks have been introduced on the document views to make official and commenting status clearer.
- o PF-only users will not have access to PDF downloads or cross-reference lists that are available on USP–NF documents.
- o When viewing the New and Changed list for PF, users will only see the last 12 issues. To access all PF files back to 45(1), use the “*” search. This will yield results for “Commenting Open”, “Official”, and “To Be Official” files. Remove those filters by selecting “Clear All”. Then set the “Product” filter to show only PF files. This will list all files published in PF. To access files for a specific PF, choose the PF issue from the “Publication” area under “Additional Filters”.
Notes from Previous Releases of USP–NF Online (before the integration)
- If you saved a browser bookmark to a specific file in the USP-NF application prior to January 24, 2020, you will need to update the browser bookmark as the URL has been updated slightly. This is the same for any link via email that you may have received prior to January 24, 2020. The link will no longer work after January 24, 2020. Bookmarks from within the application will still work as expected.
- The following file displays complex official status due to complicated revision history:
- Ziprasidone Capsules
- Revision History:
- Added in USP 40-NF 35 2S (To Be Official, December 1, 2017)
- Revision Bulletin (Official Nov. 1, 2017, prior to USP 40-NF 35 2S file)
- Revision Bulletin (Official May 1, 2018)
- The "Currently Official" version is correct with the correct official date (Official as of 1-May-2018)
- The official dates of the 'Older Versions' of this monograph should appear as follows:
- USP 41-NF 36 – “Never Official”
- USP 41-NF 36 1S – "No Longer Official, 1-Nov-2017 to 30-Apr-2018"
- For files that have a USP41-NF36 revision that were superseded by an Accelerated Revision in the November, December, and January monthly posting, the entire document is currently official as of May 1, 2018. Any earlier official date that displays in the official status banner is based on the Accelerated Revision.
- In the event that a "No Longer Official" version of a file displays a backwards date range (i.e., Official from 1-May-2018 to 30-Apr-2018) this version is to be considered "Never Official".
- When viewing a file with a title change, two "Currently Official" versions will appear in the "Switch Version" drop down; switching between these versions in the drop down allows you to navigate between the two files.
- Files with August 2017 and October 2017 Accelerated Revisions were included with the USP 41-NF 36 1S online publication, per the normal Accelerated Revision publishing schedule. These files, which were technically revised via Errata or Revision Bulletin, will not receive an Accelerated Revision icon as the online system views them as part of the USP 41-NF 36 1S online publication.
- If a reagent title (or cross reference title) is not appearing in the navigation menu, please use the search function to find the reagent.
- For the most accurate list of new and revised content in USP 41-NF 36, USP 41-NF 36 1S, USP 41-NF 36 2S, and USP 42-NF 37 please use the Annotated lists for those publications. There is a known issue with the New and Changed lists for these specific publications.
- As of 1-Nov-2018, when accessing a file revised in First Supplement to USP 41-NF 36 you will be viewing a version of this document without the revision tagging. If you need access to a file with the revision tagging please access the First Supplement to USP 41-NF 36 in the legacy platform until December 1, 2018.
- There is a known issue with the new search highlighting feature that does not work with our equation software. When searching for a title, if you encounter an equation that appears similar to the following, please navigate to that title from the main alphabetical Table of Contents.
- Fixed: UNII codes will appear as applicable in the generated PDFs associated with USP-NF, Issue 3 and future versions.
- Fixed: We are aware of the following files that contain multiple revisions with differing official dates. Please access both the "Currently Official" and "To be Official" versions to see all currently official text.
- Amlodipine and Atorvastatin Tablets
- Miconazole Nitrate Topical Powder
- Trazodone Hydrochloride Tablets
- 0.01 M Sodium Thiosulfate VS
- Fixed: From the dashboard, "Events and Training" is displaying links to out dated events.
- Fixed: Some files may not show up in the "My Viewing Activity" located on the dashboard, however they can be bookmarked.
- Fixed: The following 41 titles were not appearing in the USP 41-NF 36 1S and USP 41-NF 36 2S navigational Table of Contents from June 18, 2018 until June 29, 2018. All versions of these files with the correct official dates and statuses were available in the online product from the USP 41-NF 36 navigational table of contents and available via the search tool.
- Acetazolamide Tablets
- Acitretin Capsules
- Amlodipine and Benazepril Hydrochloride Capsules
- Amlodipine Besylate Tablets
- Buprenorphine Hydrochloride
- Cabergoline Tablets
- Candesartan Cilexetil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets
- Chondroitin Sulfate Sodium, Shark
- Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate
- Fluticasone Propionate Lotion
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate
- Hydroflumethiazide Tablets
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Indomethacin Sodium
- Insulin Glargine
- Isoxsuprine Hydrochloride Injection
- Monoglyceride Citrate
- Ondansetron Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Pemetrexed Disodium
- Pimozide Tablets
- Polyoxyl 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Potassium Citrate Extended-Release Tablets
- Propafenone Hydrochloride Extended-Release Capsules
- Quetiapine Tablets
- Raloxifene Hydrochloride
- Vinblastine Sulfate
- Fixed: Hyperlinks referencing Chromatography <621>, Thin-Layer Chromatography are incorrectly linking to the USP Monograph Quinine Sulfate.
- Fixed: There is a known issue with search results not returning documents with terms found only in the description section of classic format monographs.
If you have questions and/or concerns, or if you would like to report issues or submit suggestions, please contact us at email@example.com