PF is a free bimonthly online journal in which USP publishes proposed revisions to USP–NF for public review and comment.
New issues publish every two months at the beginning of the month. The comment period is 90-days and ends on the last day of the month (View current PF Publication and Comment Schedule).
Information Featured in PF
To make it easier for users to identify and respond to proposed changes to USP–NF standards, PF now contains only proposals for which USP is seeking public comment and information, including:
- In-Process Revisions
- Proposed Interim Revision Announcements (IRAs)
- PDG Harmonization Proposals (Stage 4)
- Stimuli Articles
(Please note: a one-time registration is required to access PF.)
In addition, PF provides access to previously published issues of PF Online dating back to PF 45(1). Volumes 28 through 44 can be found here.
Where to Find Items Previously in PF
Click on the links below to access information now located on USP’s website:
- Policies and Announcements
- Interim Revision Announcements (IRAs)
- IRA Reference Standard Information
- PF Publication and Comment Schedule
- Priority New Monographs
- Previous PF Proposals Still Pending
- Canceled Proposals
- PDG Harmonization Process and Harmonized Standards (Stage 6)
- Chromatographic Columns
- Nomenclature will be updated through the annual USAN publication and will not be included on the USP website