Type of Posting: Notice of Intent to Revise
Posting Date: 30–Jul–2021
Targeted Official Date: TBD; Revision Bulletin
Expert Committees: Small Molecules 1, Small Molecules 2, Small Molecules 4, Small Molecules 5, Non-Botanical Dietary Supplements
In accordance with the Rules and Procedures of the Council of Experts, this is to provide notice that the Small Molecules 1, Small Molecules 2, Small Molecules 4, Small Molecules 5, and Non-Botanical Dietary Supplements Expert Committees (ECs) intend to revise the following monographs:
- Acetaminophen Oral Suspension (Small Molecules 2 EC)
- Amoxicillin Capsules (Small Molecules 1 EC)
- Amoxicillin Tablets (Small Molecules 1 EC)
- Alprazolam Tablets (Small Molecules 4 EC)
- Diphenhydramine and Phenylephrine Hydrochloride Tablets (Small Molecules 2 EC)
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Capsules (Small Molecules 5 EC)
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Oral Solution (Small Molecules 5 EC)
- Glycine (Non-Botanical Dietary Supplements EC)
- Phenylephrine Hydrochloride Tablets (Small Molecules 2 EC)
The above monographs contain content that has been postponed from official status. Because the postponed content will not be reinstated in the near future and to increase clarity, the Expert Committees propose to remove the postponed content from the monographs so that only the official content is contained within the version marked as “Currently Official” in USP-NF Online.
It is anticipated that the proposed revisions will be published as Revision Bulletins pursuant to the Rules and Procedures, and the USP Guideline on Use of Accelerated Processes for Revisions to the USP-NF and FCC.
Should you have any questions, please contact Claire Chisolm, Senior Scientist II (email@example.com).