Type of Posting: General Announcement
Posting Date: 23–Feb–2018*
The following packaging related general chapters were published for comment in Pharmacopeial Forum 43(3) [May–Jun. 2017].
• <660> Containers —Glass
• <1660> Evaluation of the Inner Surface Durability of Glass Containers
• <381> Elastomeric Closure for Injections
• <382> Elastomeric Closure Functionality in Injectable Pharmaceutical Packaging/Delivery Systems
• <1381> Elastomeric Evaluation of Elastomeric Components Used in Pharmaceutical Packaging/Delivery Systems
• <1382> Assessment of Elastomeric Closure Functionality in Injectable Pharmaceutical Packaging/Delivery
Based on comments received these revisions have been cancelled pending comprehensive and strategic redevelopment. They will appear on the Cancellations list for the Second Supplement to USP 41–NF 36, which will be posted on April 27, 2018 at http://www.uspnf.com/official-text/proposal-statuscommentary.
It is anticipated that USP will publish revised proposals for these General Chapters in a future issue of the Pharmacopeial Forum.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Desmond Hunt, Principal Scientific Liaison, Ph.D. (301-816-8341 or email@example.com).
* An earlier version of this notice incorrectly identified the Pharmacoepial Forum version in which these chapters appeared as 44(3).