The USP–NF is available as a Spanish Edition for Spanish-speaking pharmaceutical scientists and professionals. USP has used the most rigorous translation and quality control to develop the USP–NF Spanish Edition. The translation process was guided and directed by a special advisory group of volunteer scientific experts from many Spanish-speaking countries. The translation was thoroughly checked by bilingual (English/Spanish) USP staff scientists. USP–NF standards are enforceable by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for medicines manufactured and marketed in the United States.
The Translation Management System for the Spanish Edition of the United States Pharmacopeia—National Formulary (USP–NF) has been certified to ISO 17100:2015 to provide the translation of USP–NF into Spanish as of September 7, 2016. This certification is applicable starting with the Second Supplement to 39th edition of the USP and the 34th edition of the NF. With this certification USP reinforces its commitment to USP–NF users with products in line with best industry practices.
- Ordering Information
- Technical Services and Account Managers
- Currency Change Request
- Credit Application
- Authorized Distributors
How to Order USP–NF Spanish Edition
In certain international regions, you may be required to order USP publications through a USP Authorized Distributor. If you are unsure whether this applies to your region, please contact USP Customer Service at +1-301-881-0666 or 1-800-227-8772. If restrictions do not apply, you may order direct from USP.
- Direct from USP: Click the "Buy 2017" button above to order online (then, select the Spanish Edition), or call +1-301-881-0666 or 1-800-227-8772.
- From a USP Authorized Distributor: View distributor contact information.
USP-NF Spanish Edition now offered only in a USB Flash Drive format with the possibility of printing
USP only offers the Spanish Edition of USP-NF in a Flash Drive format that allows for printing. This change is necessary during our transition towards offering an online product for the Spanish Edition of USP-NF. For this reason, USP will no longer offer the Spanish Edition in its traditional print format starting with USP41–NF36.
The Flash Drive Product offers the following functionalities:
- Navigation window on the left-hand side that offers direct access to distinct sections and individual documents
- Search tool that allows for the search of terms within the entire publication including Supplements
- Print of individual documents, such as monographs and general chapters, to assist with your documentation processes within your laboratory
- Access to all content without needing an Internet connection
- Use of the product without needing individual credentials