Errata are considered to be text erroneously published in the USP–NF or its Supplements that does not accurately reflect the intended requirements as approved by the Council of Experts. Errata are posted here to ensure that USP–NF users receive Errata information in a timely manner. The Errata are posted at the end of each month and are official on the first day of the following month.
Errata are incorporated into the next available official publication as follows:
- Errata are corrected in the USP-NF online publication on the same date as the errata table is published. Revision symbols will designate changes: —▲new text▲ (ERR 1–Jul–2018).
- All Errata are corrected in the next available main print edition.
Errata are posted in the interactive table below. Entries are searchable by title, and each column heading can be sorted. In addition, table entries can be downloaded in CSV format and printed.
- Errata Official Date refers to the date the Erratum becomes official.
- Source Publication is the latest official publication where the Erratum appears, or upcoming official publication if the Erratum was introduced after the latest official publication.
- Page Number indicates where the item is found within the source print publication.
- Errata Post Date specifies when the Erratum first appeared in the online errata table.
- Target Errata Print Publication specifies when the Erratum will be corrected in a print publication.
- Target Online Fix Publication specifies the online publication in which the Erratum will be corrected.
View Errata postings in PDF format prior to November 2012:
- October 2012 Errata Posting (posted 28–Sep–2012)
- July 2012 Errata Posting (posted 29–Jun–2012)
- May 2012 Errata Posting (posted 27–Apr–2012)
- March 2012 Errata Posting (posted 24–Feb–2012)
- January 2012 Errata Posting (posted 29–Dec–2011)
- October 2011 Errata Posting (posted 28–Oct–2011)
- August 2011 Errata Posting (posted 30–Aug–2011)
- June 2011 Errata Posting (posted 30–Jun–2011)
- April 2011 Errata Posting (posted 29–Apr–2011)
- February 2011 Errata Posting (posted 28–Feb–2011)
- December 2010 Errata Posting (posted 30–Dec–2010)
Errata Appearing in PF (prior to 2011)
- Vol. 36, No. 6 [November–December 2010] (01–Nov–2010)
- Vol. 36, No. 5 [September–October 2010] (01–Sep–2010)
- Vol. 36, No. 4 [July–August 2010] (30–Jun–2010)
- Vol. 36, No. 3 [May–June 2010] (29–Apr–2010)
- Vol. 36, No. 2 [March–April 2010] (01–Mar–2010)
- Vol. 36, No. 1 [January–February 2010] (31–Dec–2009)
- Vol. 35, No. 6 [November–December 2009] (30–Oct–2009)
- Vol. 35, No. 5 [September–October 2009] (31–Aug–2009)
- Vol. 35, No. 4 [July–August 2009] (30–Jun–2009)
- Vol. 35, No. 3 [May–June 2009] (30–Apr–2009)
- Vol. 35, No. 2 [March–April 2009] (27–Feb–2009)
- December 2009 Errata Posting (posted 22–Dec–2009)
- January 2010 Errata Posting (30–Dec–2009)
For more information on the errata process, see USP's Guideline on the Use of Accelerated Processes for Revisions to USP–NF. USP staff is available to respond to questions regarding the accuracy of a particular requirement by phone at 1-800-822-USPC or email at email@example.com.