Type of Posting: General Announcement
Posting Date: 22–Mar–2013
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) will be holding the first Excipients Stakeholder Forum on June 7, 2013 at USP’s Rockville, Maryland, USA headquarters. To expand the opportunity for stakeholder participation, USP will offer a web-based component for those who would like to attend the meeting remotely.
The USP Excipients Stakeholder Forum has been created to enable an exchange of information and perspectives between USP and users of USP standards, with the ultimate goal of improving USP standards. The Excipients Stakeholder Forum will provide an opportunity for manufacturers, distributors, and users of excipients to discuss topics in an open forum setting. USP hopes the forum will encourage excipients constituencies to work openly and directly with USP as well as collaborate with fellow stakeholders.
Discussion at the Stakeholder Forum will be focused on science and compliance topics specific to pharmaceutical excipients:
- Introduction to USP and its public standards-setting process
- Modernization of existing National Formulary excipient monographs
- USP’s role in excipient GMPs
- Update on implementation of elemental impurities General Chapters <232> and <233>
Objectives of the Stakeholder Forum include:
- Extending opportunities for participation to a broad range of excipients stakeholders to ensure industry-wide input to USP
- Educating stakeholders on USP activities while helping USP staff understand excipients issues
- Providing information on emerging USP initiatives that might affect excipients stakeholders
Who Should Participate:
- Manufacturers, suppliers, and users of excipients, whether members of a trade organization or independent.
Register for the Stakeholder Forum.
For further information, contact Jessica Simpson, Compendial Affairs Manager (email@example.com).